It’s the most wonderful time of the year! When thoughts turn to nostalgia and we all gather round the fire to remember the game criticism of a more innocent time.
As usual, Critical Distance is compiling its annual This Year in Videogame Blogging end-of-the-year roundup, compiling the highlights of games crit from the past year. And we want your recommendations!
- Game criticism, analysis, commentary, etc which was first published in some form in 2019.
- Works on videogames, computer games, interactive fiction, board games, tabletop, word games, card games, literally any kind of game.
- Written works.
- Audio works (must have transcript available).
- Video works (must have transcript available).
- Works not in English (must have an English-language summary available).
- Things we have previously featured on TWIVGB.
- Things we have not previously featured on TWIVGB.
What Doesn’t Qualify
- Works first published before 2019.
- Works that don’t have anything substantially to do with games.
- Anything which violates our inclusivity statement.
Our Senior Curator and contributors work hard each week to present a comprehensive roundup showcasing the breadth and depth of The Discourse, but we can’t possibly catch everything first time out. That’s why, if you feel we overlooked a piece from earlier in this year, we especially encourage you to submit!
To submit, simply contact us via email, over Twitter, or through the form below! If contacting us on Twitter, be sure to include the hashtag #TYIVGB so we know to consider the piece for EOY consideration. The deadline for submissions is Midnight, Pacific Time, December 25th.
Send us as many emails as you like! They should look something like this:
Address: See our contact page
Subject line: “This Year in Videogame Blogging #TYIVGB2018”
Content: Just the urls. Please use a new line for every new url. No need to send commentary, explanations, or background information.
Format: Plain text. No hypertext please, it makes formatting more difficult.