After an illuminating and exciting time as Senior Curator these past three years, I’m looking for someone to take over this role and keep pushing Critical Distance forward. If you’re interested in taking on the position of Senior Curator, please take a look at the job description below and get in touch by Sunday 15th July – and do pass this on to people who you think would thrive in this job!
This is a paid, part-time contract position. The approximate time commitment will be 10-16 hours per week, usually on the weekends.
- Writing the majority of our This Week in Videogame Blogging roundups.
- Selecting and archiving backups of content for This Week in Videogame Blogging roundups.
- Performing last-look edits on our other features and for TWIVGBs on weekends they aren’t covering.
- Understanding of rhetoric and discourse, particularly as they relate to online writing and videogames, but also regarding online video, non-digital games, and visual media.
- Strong sense of how the discourse has progressed to date, and ability to identify original or novel contributions to that discourse.
- Well-rounded understanding of the different types of games writing we tend to feature on these pages, from academia to devlogs and everything (or at least most things) in-between.
- Ability to evaluate the purpose and argument of a piece of writing, regardless of its genre or presentation.
- Ability to work with a small team of contributors, sometimes at weird hours.
- Strong editing skills and the ability to self-edit.
- No web development skills are required, but the site works best if you can edit the HTML in WordPress posts.
Past experience curating for us is a plus, but not required. As is any foreign language ability!
If you believe this is up your alley, please email us and include your CV/resume, clippings or samples, and a short intro! Be sure to mention in the subject line you are applying for the Senior Curator position.